1. They Manage Their Expectations - Approach every situation pragmatically, hoping for the best but being prepared for the worst.
2. They Don’t Set Unrealistic Standards - Don’t live our lives in a constant pursuit towards impossible visions of perfection, only to always find them falling short of what they want.
3. They Don’t Take Anything for Granted - Happiness rests with feeling fulfilled.
4. They’re Not Materialistic - Who has ever had enough money?
5. They Don’t Dwell - They don’t sweat the small things or waste time worrying about things that don’t really matter at the end of the day. Life’s too short to worry.
6. They’re Selfish - They’re independent, care for themselves and understand that they must put their needs first in order to accommodate the needs of others. They indulge, aim to get what they want, make time for themselves and are extremely self-reliant.
7. They Enjoy the Little Things - They’re accustomed to find serenity when it’s available, to welcome entertainment or a stimulating discussion with a stranger when it crosses their path. They don’t overlook the small things in life that can be just as important.
8. They Can Adapt - They’re not afraid of change and they work to make the most out of new circumstances, good or bad. They thrive under pressure, are not overwhelmed easily and always embrace a change of pace.
9. They Experiment - They try new things, experience new flavors and never shy away from something they have yet to experience. They never order twice from the same menu.
10. They Take Their Time - They don’t unnecessarily rush through life. They work on their own schedule to the extent that they can and maneuver through life at their own relaxing pace.
11. They Employ Different Perspectives - They’re not stuck in one perspective; a loss can result in a new opportunity, hitting rock bottom can mean that there’s no where to go but up.
12. They Seek to Learn - Their constant pursuit of knowledge keeps them inspired and interested in life. They cherish information and are on a life-long quest to learn as much as they can.
13. They Always Have a Plan - They don’t find themselves drifting without purpose. When something doesn't go as planned, they have a plan for every letter in the alphabet to fall back on.
14. They Give Respect to Get It - They are respectful and, in turn, are seen as respectable; the respect they exude earns them the respect they deserve.
15. They Consider Every Opportunity - They always have their eyes open for a new road, a new avenue worth exploring. They know how to recognize opportune moments and pounce on them to make the most of every situation. Success is inevitable for them.
16. They Always Seek to Improve - Perpetual self-improvement is the key towards their ongoing thirst for success. Whatever it is they do, they take pride in getting better and better, from social interactions to mundane tasks. Their pursuit at being the best eventually materializes.
17. They Don’t Take Life Too Seriously - They’re not ones to get offended easily over-analyse or complicate matters. They laugh at their own faults and misfortunes.
18. They Live in the Moment - They don’t live for tomorrow or dwell on what may have happened yesterday. Every day is a new opportunity, a new chapter. They live in the now, and in doing so, get the most out of every moment.
19. They Say Yes - Much more often than they say no. They don’t have to be badgered to go out; don’t shy away from new opportunities or anything that may seem inconvenient.
20. They’re Self-Aware - Most important, they’re wholly aware of themselves. They self-reflect and are conscious of their states of mind. If something’s bothering them, they fix it.